Monday, March 28, 2011

tats and sneaks

On March 26th 2011 I got my first tattoo.

Pretty awesome right?

I will post a picture up later, but to explain it its a black crescent moon with a black cat silhouetted on the inside with 3 stars in it. I was debating for a long time what tattoo to get and where to get it until I finally decided.

I know I haven't posted a blog up in forever, which still makes me a little bummed but as I said before nothing about the days jump out at me. When I got this tattoo I thought I would feel different, I thought a part of me would be satisfied and a new window would be opened somewhere in my mind.

But it didn't happen, I just felt that what I did was pretty cool and different, but not tremendously amazing. It didn't feel like a milestone or an accomplishment but just a rush due to sponeity.

What made more of an impact was buying my first pair of NIKE sneakers. For once I bought something that wasn't from a thrift store, clearance rack, back of a truck, or a hand me down. It was something I needed, I worked for it, I got it, and I was happy. I'm not knocking on the thrifty way of shopping because it's amazing, but sub consciously I was feeling that I wasn't meant to have nicer things, that I was just suppose to settle for less and what was a necessity; basic, particle, useful. It's great to indulge once in a while especially when you worked for it...it just adds a little meaning to me being such a busy beaver since for a while I thought I was just working to eat, sleep, work, and die eventually.

Going back to the tattoo I feel I really found something that expresses me in a permanent symbol right below my neck. It was on the to do list of this year so when I think about it I'm losing weight, I got a tattoo, so now I just have to get a better job, place to live, a car, and go on the greatest vacation ever.

2 out of 6 goals in 3 months looks pretty good so far...I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment