Sunday, January 9, 2011

Week- END!

The weekend is over and tomorrow is work day. I feel sad because it's crazy to know that I have no real control over my own life and that it'll always be dictated by several other people.

An ambitious goal would be to say that one day I will be my own boss. Is it possible? Sure, why not, but when? That is what's so interesting about this whole one year blog project. The plan is to take out the how and document the when. When will I become my own boss? When will I have my own place? When will be the day that I will wake up and everything is the way I want it to be?

As of right now I am a lowly little factory worker. I am pretty sure my job is on the bottom of the work chain, but the perks are I am usually alone so I don't have to deal with people, I just have to take inventory of stocks so there goes some minimal responsibility, and all my co-workers are middle-aged men who hate to be there just as much as I do and surprisingly we have things in common.

What I do hate about the job is that my Dad got it for me. There is this added pressure that for one is not needed, and the other is that I am still stuck in the position as my Dad's Kid. I wonder if I was just some regular person off the street would people be as nice to me there without the fear of my Dad screaming at them if I were treated impolitely?

Everyday my hands get very grimy from the hard day's work and I will have moments where I look at them and think "these hands weren't meant to do this, they are meant to create stuff" I say to myself these are dues I have to pay in order to live the good life one day, but is that really the answer to the situation?

One thing I am working on as a goal is to let things just pass. When things seem their worst I just have to tell myself it can't last forever and it too shall pass. This is something Kieran often preaches to me, and I have finally decided to use it to bring the stress level down and I am happy to say it is working. I have thought of almost every situation where I have panicked to the point where I wanted to kill myself and then I thought of the outcomes and I was surprised to discover how some of those incidents ended not as bad as I thought they would.

As of right now my mind is set on thinking that even though I am factory worker, who still lives at home, has no car, and a huge debt to repay I know it too shall pass and I will wake up one day to see everything the way I want it.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great mind set, Kam. It's amazing that you can tap into that because it's tricky to do. Things will pass. My grandmother (and my mother) both say "In six months things will be different." Which at our age can be very true. In six months from now things will be different for everyone. Back in school, that was two quarters and think of all the crazy stuff that had changed for the better in many cases.

    In six months you might not have a car, or maybe you do but have the same job, but something will change and use that as leverage to work on other goals.

    Also, I've been thinking of being my own boss, too. Aaron's store weighs heavy on my mind because it would be awesome. Realistically, starting a business could take about ten years to plan a business model, save money and find distributors, not to mention a location. So, do think of it, but don't be hard on yourself because it is a goal that takes time.

    ReplyDelete